The Princess Boy
- explore, identify and talk about concepts such as sharing, fairness, respect and empathy
- Listen and respond to the story, “The Princess Boy.”
- Understand the importance of accepting differences
Introduce puppet to the class- This is the princess boy. He likes to wear pink dresses and wear a tiara.
Is it ok for boys to wear pink clothes?
Can girls play with tractors and superheroes?
Watch the video of the Princess Boy.
Ask the children about the story.
- What was your favourite part? Why?
- How did the princess boy feel when the woman laughed at him? How would you feel if you were the princess boy?
- If the princess boy came to visit our class, how would you make him feel welcome?
- Should we judge somebody by what they look like?
Activity- Children will draw a picture of how they would make the princess boy feel welcome in our class.
Eg. I would play with the princess boy on yard.
Other teacher resources for teaching this topic:
Copy of the book needed for this lesson to work.