LT focus: Understand the impact of the actions of people on the environment through the generations
Ask the children if they know what Climate Change is.
What’s the difference between weather patterns and climate change?
The children could take one aspect of climate change, research and create a Keynote/ Powerpoint on the ways in which we can help to slow and prevent climate change so that our descendants can enjoy the world.
Topics might include:
- Using renewable sources of energy
- Using energy wisely
- Recycling, reusing and reducing
- Trying out Climate friendly diets
- Making homes more energy efficient
- Reducing waste and demanding recyclable cups and straws,.
Children can share their presentations to the class, print and display them on their Learn Together wall.
Other teacher resources for teaching this topic: