Responsible Pet Ownership
LT focus: Understand that a pet is a life choice and not something that can be disowned.
Begin with a short story about a child who got a dog for Christmas and disowned it after a few weeks. Class discussion about the story
- In groups the children will create a “Responsible Pet Ownership” poster.
- They must include what responsibilities come with owning a pet e.g. feeding the pet, washing the pet, taking the pet for a walk.
- Positives for owning a pet will also be included on the poster.
- The children will make a presentation to the class about their poster.
- Time for questioning at the end of the presentation.
Other teacher resources for teaching this topic:
Posters will be displayed on the wall in the classroom